It all started in the summer of 2012. Since then, a lot has happened. Both the team and the company continue to grow.
- We welcome our newest addition to the team: Peter Lohaus starts his job as a project manager for integer_net.
- Meet Magento Spain brings together Spanish and international Magento folks. On November 7th, Sonja held a talk about embracing change at the event in Madrid.
- On November 10th at MageTitans in Manchester, Andreas and Fabian join the crowd of Magento enthusiasts and take part in the developer exchange before the actual event as well as the conference. There, Fabian takes the stage to talk about his journey to test automation.
- On November 17th, MageTestFest gathered Magento developers in Amersfoort to learn more about testing in Magento. Fabian represented our team on stage as one of the seven speakers with his talk about testing fatigue.
- The 30th Magento Meetup Aachen takes place on October 9th. For this anniversary, we get together at a new location at navabi, an online store located in Aachen. The talks by Andreas Mautz and Stephan Hochdörfer offer a lot of technical information about GitLab Pipelines and Dependency Injection.
- On October 14th and 15th, FireGento e.V. invites to an internal hackathon in Essen. Andreas joins the group on this weekend at the Linux Hotel to work on Magento 2 Pull Requests and to exchange ideas with other members of the association.
- We’re growing! Bernard joins our team as a backend developer.
- On September 18th and 19th, Sonja is at Meet Magento Poland in Krakow to hold a talk about Content Commerce.
- This month it becomes official: integer_net is now the godmother of a raccoon at the zoo in Aachen.
- With Belgian beers, friees and great talks the Meet Magento Belgium offers a lot. Andreas, Bernard, Fabian and Sandro are in Brussels on September 27th.
- At the end of the month, the team shows they are “integer_fit”: At the Aachen company run on September 29th, Cristina, Andreas, Bernard and Christian demonstrate that they don’t only know how to type ‘run’ in the command line but they can execute it themselves.
- August 24th is a very special day for Andreas, Sandro and Sonja: The three of them go to Cologne to take part in the beta certification for “Magento 2 Solution Specialist”. 5 weeks later we get the results: they all passed!
- The last weekend in August is reserved for MageUnconference NL in Utrecht. After the great initial event last year, Sonja joins the international get together again.
- On July 26th, we at integer_net celebrate our company anniversary! Five years of professional web development with Magento.
- After last year’s success, MageTitans IT is back in Milan. Andreas von Studnitz will be present and he also offers a Magento 2 training for Magento 1 developers on June 8th.
- Meet Magento DE is on May 22nd and 23rd in Leipzig. This is an absolute must for our team at integer_net. This year, we offer several talks: Andreas von Studnitz takes part in a panel discussion on the current state of Magento, Fabian Schmengler’s talk about “Magento Test Automation: My Journey” provides a personal perspective, Sandro Wagner takes up the topic “Frontend Development in Magento 2 – The Good, the Bad & the Ugly” and Sonja Riesterer shows how “Content Marketing in practice” can be done even with limited resources.
- Right after the Meet Magento DE on May 24th, FireGento e.V. organises a training for Magento 2 merchants, project managers and all others who want to learn more about Magento’s admin panel. Sonja Riesterer conducts this one-day training.
- It’s the biggest Magento event of the whole year: Imagine. From April 3rd to 5th Andreas von Studnitz and Sonja Riesterer made use of the opportunity to go to Las Vegas and be in touch with Magento employees and others from the Magento ecosystem. We also made sure not to miss any events, organised around the official conference: the hackathon, Pre-Imagine and the Magento Community Run at Hoover Dam.
- On April 24th, the Magento Meetup Aachen takes place. Next to a recap of Imagine by Sonja Riesterer we have a talk by Axel Horneff (Code4Business) about ERP extensions and ERP systems on our agenda.
- On 4-5 March integer_net attends MageUnconference in Cologne. We look forward to an open exchange of current topics and are happy to support this event as a main sponsor.
- As a great way to end this month we have released IntegerNet_Solr for Magento 2. After the success of Magento 1 extension to improve product search you can now easily integrate the open source search engine Solr in your Magento store.
- Now these are some great news! Fabian Schmengler has been chosen to be one of this year’s Magento Masters – an award program by Magento. In the category “Mentors” Magento award him for his extraordinary work for the Magento community. Whether it’s in his blog posts, at speaker engangements or on Magento StackExchange, Fabian is always eager to provide helpful solutions as well as valuable information. Congratulations, Fabian!
- More of these great news! Sonja Riesterer too has been chosen to be one of this year’s Magento Masters – an award program by Magento. She is awarded in the category “Makers” for contributions to Magento meetups, MageUnconference and diverse talks at Magento events. For us at integer_net this means that we are the only company with two Magento masters in their team. Congratulations, Sonja!
- The integer_net team grows! Daniel Riemer joins our project management team.
- On 6 February, we organize the Magento meetup Aachen for an evening filled with developer topics: all developers are invited to share their stories and experiences with Magento 2. Additionally, Fabian Blechschmidt introduces Lizards & Pumpkins to speed up your Magento catalog.
- This week continues with more Magento events: On 7 February, Fabian Schmengler travels to Paris to Magento Live France to hold a talk about how to port a Magento 1 extension to Magento 2.
- On 9 February, Andreas von Studnitz is in Munich at the local Magento meetup to talk about his experiences with Magento 2 as a Magento 1 developer.
- The following day, there is a developer training for Magento 1 developers who want to get started with Magento 2. Andreas is the trainer of this one day training organised by Firegento.
- We don’t stop with our Magento enthusiasm on the weekend: For a hackathon Fabian Schmengler and Sandro Wagner join Andreas in Munich. Sonja Riesterer takes part remotely.
- We start the New Year with a trip to the Magento meetup in Cologne. Even though the possibility for a BBQ on the roof-deck on 12 January is rather unlikely, we look forward to a talk about Google Tag Manager.
- One of Aachen’s famous attractions is the traditional Christmas market. So when the time has come for mulled wine, the Magento meetup takes place at the Christmas market. On 5 december at 6 o’clock, we meet for drinks outside at Katschhof, located between the city hall and Aachen Cathedral. We are looking forward to see you there!
- On 02 November, we organize the Magento meetup in Aachen. This time, we plan to discuss payment methods in Magento 2. Our special guest is Fabian Glamann (PayPal). In addition, Christian Philipp gives an introduction to other payment types available in Magento 2. Anyone interested is welcoem to join us.
- MageTitans is a series of events organized by Magento developers for developers. On 12 November the event is back in Manchester. Fabian Schmengler gives a talk on how to port an extension to Magento 2 and Andreas von Studnitz is there, too, to see the top-class talks from well-known Magento experts.
- The Dutch MageUnconference takes place on 14-16 October. Our team is represented by Fabian Schmengler, Sandro Wagner and Sonja Riesterer in Utrecht. You can find a recap of the MageUnconference Netherlands in our blog.
- At the end of the month, Fabian Schmengler and Sonja Riesterer travel to Cluj-Napoca, Romania, for the Romanian Meet Magento. Both are there as speakers, talking about porting a complex extension to Magento 2 and product search in Magento 2.
- dmexco – that is the biggest exhibition and conference for digital marketing in Germany. On 14-15 September, more than 50,000 visitors are expectected in the halls of Koelnmesse, one of them is our own Sonja Riesterer.
- On 14 September we launch the new responsive design of Gustini, the online store for Italian food and delicatessen.
- On 21 September Trink Meer Tee sets sail: this new Magento store offers organic teas, combined with a design that matches its Northern German origin. For this store, we are responsible for both Magento development and responsive templating.
- Meet Magento Poland takes place on 19-20 September. One of the attendees in Poznań is Andreas von Studnitz, who presents “Magento Worst Practices”.
- On Monday, 29th August, the next Magento meetup in Aachen takes place, this time with talks designed for a technical audience. Robert Douglass from platform.sh shares his insights of Magento 2 Enterprise Cloud Edition. Fabian Schmengler from integer_net presents “IDE Friendly Code” – tips for a better IDE support in Magento 1 and 2.
- In the beginning of July, the German Magento community gathers in Leipzig to attend Meet Magento Germany. We join the event and also hold talks: Andreas von Studnitz and Fabian Schmengler report of their experiences of porting a Magento extension to Magento 2. You can find the German slides here. On the event’s second day, Andreas holds a talk on online store security. The German slides are available on Slideshare.
- Right before Meet Magento Germany, Firegento organizes a Magento Hackathon in Leipzig. Sonja Riesterer takes part in the weekend filled with coding.
- Towards the end of this month, we have a good reason to clink glasses: On 26 July we celebrate integer_net’s four year anniversary. Four years of working together in versatile and exciting projects, four years as a team inside this lively Magento community. Thank you to all who have accompanied us along the way. We are looking forward to the next four years together!
- As attendees, we join the Magento meetup on 20 June in Cologne, organised by Carmen Bremen and Till Hess.
- Just one week afterwards, we invite everyone interested in Magento to come to Magento meetup in Aachen on 28 June. On this evening, the talks are less technical: Nikolai Krambrock shows ways how to measure how successful a search engine advertising campaign is. Afterwards, Andreas von Studnitz gives a report of Magento Imagine and Magento’s status quo.
- This is probably the most important event of this year: Imagine, Magento’s very own event, takes place on 11th – 13th April, with a lot of different talks, evening get togethers and community events. Andreas von Studnitz represents us at this event in Las Vegas as one of more than 2500 visitors.
- On 18th April, it’s time for the next Magento meetup Aachen. This time we focus on technical topics. Our very own Sandro Wagner presents his Magento 2 frontend workflow. Sven Wappler shares his experiences from his first Magento 2 project.
- The last week of April takes Fabian Schmengler, Cristina Pisca and Sandro Wagner to Croatia: four days at the Developers Paradise promise a lot of fun in the sun and interesting topics during the sessions. On of them is presented by Fabian, explaining how to port a Magento 1 extension to Magento 2, as he has done with our Solr extension for Magento.
- On March 12th and 13th our whole team is in Berlin to attend the MageUnconference. In contrast to normal conferences, talks are not set prior to the event but on the days’ mornings, based on the attendees proposals. We support this event with a sponsoring as it promotes a free and open discourse among developers, project managers and shop owners which is beneficial to all.
- Immediately afterwards, Sonja Riesterer sets off to the Meet Magento Sweden in Stockholm, where she represents us with a talk about Product Search in Magento 2.
- We are also at the Magento meetup in Hamburg: Sonja Riesterer visits her former “meetup home” on 23rd March.
- This month two of us make a trip to the South: Andreas von Studnitz and Sonja Riesterer both hold talks at MageTitans on February 5th in Milan. This event is especially for Magento developers. Last year’s edition in Manchester was a great success thanks to its excellent talks.
- On February 15th it’s time for the 21st Magento meetup in Aachen. There are two talks on this day’s agenda: Stefan Sauerbier (AOE) presents methods and tipps for agile project management and Sonja Riesterer informs about Magento 2 and its most recent developments.
- We’re ringing in the new year in Paderborn: On the 23rd and 24th of January, Firegento organises a Magento 2 Hackathon. We attend the hackathon, working on community projects for Magento 2.
- Right after the Hackathon, we are at the 14th Magento meetup in Cologne.
- Cristina Pisca is now a Magento Certified Solution Specialist. As a result, we have now reached our goal, everyone at integer_net is certified.
- The 20th Magento meetup in Aachen takes place at the Aachen Christmas Market, following the popular tradition of the last years.
- Andreas von Studnitz and Sonja Riesterer take part in the 2nd Magento meetup in Bern, Switzerland, where both give talks on “Magento Worst Practices” and Magento 2 respectively.
- Employment of Sonja Riesterer as Marketing Manager who passes the test for “Magento Certified Solution Specialist” as one of her first tasks.
- The module IntegerNet_Solr is updated and improved with some new features.
- 3 members of our integer_net team attend the Meet Magento CH, Sonja Riesterer holds a talk about personas. A part of our team participates at the following Hackathon, too.
- We finish the relaunch of Villeroy & Boch, implementing a responsive design in a Magento Enterprise Edition.
- The 19th Magento meetup Aachen – we meet at the local cafe & bar called zuhause.
- Release of our Magento module IntegerNet_Solr for better and faster search results with Solr
- The 18th Magento meetup Aachen takes place.
- The majority of integer_net employees attends the Meet Magento DE in Leipzig.
- The 17th Magento meetup Aachen – this time in our offices
- integer_net is represented at the Mage Unconference in Berlin as a sponsor. Several of us will be there.
- 5 integer_net team members will participate to the Webcon in Aachen. Andreas von Studnitz gives a lecture on the topic “Magento – an overview”
- On our Partner Day we had some of our partners come over to explor Aachen and exchange
- Andreas von Studnitz will be at the Meet Magento NYC
- Christian Philipp and Fabian Schmengler pass the test for “Magento Certified Solution Specialist”
- Fabian Schmengler joins the team as Magento Backend Developer
- Relaunch of design-bestseller
- Andreas von Studnitz passes the test for Magento Certified Solution Specialist
- Relaunch of the shop trenddeko.ch
- Andreas von Studnitz is participating as a speaker at the Meet Magento NL in Utrecht
- Lecture on the topic “Importing Products into Magento – A comparison of the different methods” (more information)
- The whole integer_net team is present on the Meet Magento #8.14 in Leipzig
- Presentation by Andreas von Studnitz and Nikolai Krambrock (code4business Software GmbH) on “Code Quality with Magento” (German)
- Employment of Sandro Wagner for Frontend Development and Media Design
- Employment of Cristina Pisca for testing and project management
- Launch of the shop Die Ballondrucker
- Christian Philipp is participating at the MagentoLive Germany in Munich
- Release of our Magento module to create product feeds, such as for Google Shopping or other price search engines
- Release of Magento CH
- Relaunch of the Magento store www.industrieklettershop.de
- integer_net takes over support for the shop www.design-bestseller.de
- Viktor Franz passes the exam for Magento Certified Developer on the first attempt.
- The complete integer_net team is present on the WebCon in Aachen
- Andreas von Studnitz is present at the Magento Developers Conference “Developers Paradise” with a presentation about internationalization (Slides)
- Formation of the company integer_net GmbH with four partners
- Moving into the new office at the airport Aachen-Merzbrück