Build your Magento knowledge in one or two days long trainings based on realistic examples and become more successful in your Magento related endeavors. Master Magento 1 and Magento 2 with the tips and tricks of our experts.
Based on our substantial experience with Magento and with holding Magento training courses, we offer the following Magento workshops:
- Magento 2 for Developers
- Magento 2 for Frontend Developers
- Test Driven Development with Magento 2
- Magento 2 for Store Managers
- Magento 1 for Developers
- Magento 1 for Store Managers
Magento 2 Training for Developers
Duration: 1–2 days
Trainer: Andreas von Studnitz or Fabian Schmengler
This Magento 2 developer training helps you to level up to Magento 2 and to successfully work on your first Magento 2 project. A traditional training course comprises the following subjects:
- File Structure of Magento 2
- Frontend Basics
- Module Structure
- Dependency Injection – Introduction
- Overwriting Code via Preferences
- Amending Code via Plugins
- Events / Observer
- Setup Scripts
- Development Best Practices
In a two day training there is also time to amplify topics such as automatic tests, security or performance.
In a one day training we pass up exercises to save time for questions and discussions. If you prefer to learn in exercises, we recommend a two day training to make sure that both practical exercises and relevant topics can be covered properly. Also, if you don’t have any previous knowledge in Magento 1, we recommend a two day training course.
Magento 2 Training for Frontend Developers
Duration: 1–2 days
Trainer: Sandro Wagner
Especially for Frontend Developers we offer a training that covers the mechanisms and technologies used in Magento 2 frontend development. During this Magento 2 frontend training you will learn about the following topics:
- File System and the Anatomy of Themes
- Fallback Mechanisms
- Layout XML
- (Custom) Page Layouts
- PHTML & Blocks
- Display Contents with Widgets
- Frontend Workflow and Preprocessing
- Introduction to Responsive Themes
- Implement CSS Library
- jQuery UI Widgets
Compared to Magento 1, frontend development in Magento 2 is more complex and requires basic backend development knowledge, too. Therefore a one day training for Magento 2 Frontend Developers focuses on knowledge transfer, questions and discussions. If you prefer to learn based on exercises, we recommend a two day training to have enough time for exercises and discussing all relevant contents. Also, if you have no previous knowledge of Magento 1, we advise to plan with a two day training course.
Magento 2 Test Driven Development Training
Duration: 1–2 days
Trainer: Fabian Schmengler
Automated tests are an important part of high quality software development. During this Magento 2 testing training you learn what kind of tests are possible in Magento 2 and how you can get started with test driven development. The training is meant for beginners as well as for developers who have worked with automated tests before and now want to learn more on how to best employ these techniques. Basic knowledge in Magento 2 backend development is a prerequisite.
- Principles of test driven development
- Presentation of existing tests in Magento 2
- TDD Katas
- Introduction to Integration Tests: Magento Test Framework, Fixtures, Controller Tests, Block Tests, Model Tests, Configuration Tests
- Introduction to Unit Tests: working with Test Dummies, writing testable code
- Test Setup and Continuous Integration for extension developers Entwickler and web shop developers
In a one day training we skip the practical exercises to have more time for questions and discussions. If you would rather do exercises, we recommend a two day training to have enough time for both exercises and covering all relevant topics.
Magento 2 Training for Store Managers
This Magento 2 user training is made for anyone who works in the admin panel of Magento 2 to either edit content or manage orders or customers. It is also benefitial for sales managers and support managers in agencies who consult the agency’s customers. The usual content of this training is:
- Login and Overview of the Admin Panel
- Multistore Concept of Magento 2
- Categories and Products
- different Product Types in Magento 2
- Product Attributes
- CMS Pages and static blocks
- Customers and Customer Groups
- Order Workflow including invoices, shippings, and credit memos
- Email Templates
- Coupons and Price Rules
- User Management
Depending on the available amount of time and the participants’ interests further topics can be added, such as Rewrite Management, Shipping and Payment Types, Order Requirements, Newsletter or a deep dive into Configuration Options. We adjust the main focus of the training to have the best fit for the participants.
Magento 1 Training for Developers
This Magento Developer Training can be completely customized for you – to make it fit your previous knowledge, your interests and the possible requirements of your next project. A traditional training course comprises the following subjects:
- introduction to Magento and overview of its file structure
- introduction to Magento’s templating system
- introduction to module development.
Within the subject of “module development”, there is a wide range of topics. The following list is just an excerpt of possible topics:
- customization methods for existing functionalities (rewrites, event observer model)
- models, collections, filters
- blocks with individual functionality
- customized controllers
- backend modules, grids, and forms
- configuration options
- payment modules
- shipping modules
- individual attributes and source models.
Even in one day it is possible to give developers experienced in PHP a good knowledge base for developing their own modules and templates. If required, we offer phone and/or Skype support subsequent to a training course.
Magento 1 Training for Shop Managers
The Magento Shop Managers Training Course is aimed at everyone who wants to modify content in the Magento administration panel and manage orders and/or customers. Usually this training course is comprised of:
- login and overview of the administration panel
- Magento’s multi-store concept
- categories and products
- different product types in Magento
- product attributes
- CMS pages and static blocks
- customers and customer groups
- order work flow with invoices, shipping notes, and credit memos
- email templates
- coupons and pricing rules
- user management.
Depending on the time available and on the participants’ interests, further topics can be covered, such as rewrite management, shipping and payment methods, order conditions, newsletters, or deeper levels of configuration. Emphases can be placed based on the participants’ preferences, thus diversifying the training course.
General Info on Training Courses
All trainings can be organized in your own offices. Alternatively, we provide the room either in our own offices or in a rented space (e.g. in Cologne).
Most conference rooms have all the equipment you need for a training. Basically you need the following:
- A projector or a big monitor
- Ideally internet connection
- A computer or laptop for each participant
The price for these trainings depends on the duration, the number of participants and the training’s location.
- Magento certified trainers
- individuelly adjusted training contents
- flexible adjustment to participants’ previous knowledge
- variable duration and location
- in German or English for international teams
- many happy training participants
Recent Comments from Participants of Our Magento Trainings
Alexander Turiak, Vitafy GmbH:
I really enjoyed your training, it was a perfect overview of Magento 2, a lot of practical examples and a comparison of different ways to implement things, besides that a review of how exactly things changed in regards to Magento 1. After a training I felt right at home during the Hackathon. So thank you very much and I wish you a big success with the training and ever more happy trainees like me 🙂
Corrina Lichthardt, mediawave:
I thought it was great. Although I’m relatively new at Magento I was still able to take some valuable information from the course, which in turn has helped me gain a better understanding of Magento 2 development.
Ben Marks, Magento Inc.:
It was a great job, I’ll be sure to mention it when I meet teams out in the world which need to make the transition!
Individual Magento Trainings for You
We gladly consult you personally and make you a customized training offer. You can either call us at +49 241 990 88 44-0 or fill in the following contact form: